The Sunshine what?
OK, I’ll admit it, up until about 5 minutes ago I had no idea what the Sunshine Blogger Award was!
So, if you are equally unaware, allow me to enlighten you.
There is no monetary prize. No plaque to hang on the wall or trophy to adorn a mantlepiece.
Just the warm, fuzzy glow that you get from knowing that other bloggers enjoy your work!
Richie’s Room hasn’t been running for very long so I’m really happy that people are enjoying my posts.
Thank you, Rachel
The nomination for Richie’s Room came from Rachel at the Rachel Foy blog.
I really enjoy Rachel’s posts. She is a true blogger, somebody that writes about a range of different issues that interest her. Take a look for yourself.
Sunshine Blogger Award – The Rules
OK, here are the rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Don’t panic – there aren’t many!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you. Do this in your blog post and include a link to his or her site.
- Answer the 11 questions that the nominator asked you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers to receive the award. Write 11 new questions for them. Notify them by commenting on one of their posts.
- Within your blog post, include these rules and the Sunshine Blogger Award logo.
Rachel’s Questions and My Answers
Where would you travel to next?
We always take Harvey, our Labrador, on holiday with us. So, we stick with holidays within the UK. I think our next travel location, Covid restrictions permitting, will probably be the lovely Devon town of Brixham.
Friendly people, lovely food, and sea swimming opportunities (for Harvey!).
You’re having a dinner party with three people, living or dead, who would you invite?
This is a tough one. I’d be a little concerned about the truth of the old adage “Never meet your heroes because they’re sure to disappoint you“
Also, although moderately intelligent, I’m not sure I’d have the mental capacity to make it worthwhile inviting giant intellects like Stephen Hawking or Albert Einstein!
I think I’d have to go with:
Brian Turner. A top chef but completely down-to-earth. I’m sure that he’d be happy to do the cooking so that neither I nor my wife has to do it!
Sandi Toksvig. Hugely entertaining and amusing. Sure to keep the party atmosphere going.
Clint Eastwood (you don’t really need a link for Clint, do you?!). Go ahead, make my dinner party!
What are your writing/blogging goals?
Pretty simple, really.
I want to help people. And if I can do that in an entertaining manner then so much the better.
What is your favourite food?
Lasagne. Cooked by my wife. I’ve never tasted one in a restaurant that comes close to hers.
A song you’ve been listening to a lot in the last month?
A blast from the past. I missed buying it at the time but recently heard it again and made sure that I bought it this time.
“Weak” by Skunk Anansie.
What is your favourite thing to blog about and why?
Dogs. Anything to do with dogs, really.
“A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.”Henry Wheeler Shaw
Here is a picture of our dog, Harvey.
Your favourite book?
“Orphan X” by Gregg Hurwitz.
Which season is your favourite?
It’s not the cold of Winter that I dislike. It’s the absence of light.
Going to, and returning from, work in the dark isn’t my idea of fun. It seems to reinforce the idea that all we do is sleep, work, eat, repeat.
Spring signals the end of this cycle.
What is your favourite thing to do of a weekend?
I’m a simple man with simple pleasures.
A nice walk with my wife and my dog, perhaps with a nice pub meal interspersed somewhere.
What is your favourite TV show?
Can an ex-con successfully become a sheriff and uphold the law?
And re-kindle his relationship with the woman he loved before being jailed?
Contending with a ruthless local crime-lord and his henchmen.
All the while trying to stay ‘off radar’ to avoid being found by the Ukrainian gangster who he double-crossed on the job that resulted in his incarceration. And who just happens to be the father of his love interest!
It was brilliant while it lasted but, sadly, only 4 seasons were produced.
Content warning! This is not suitable viewing for children. There is a lot of fighting of the sort seen in your typical Jason Statham film. If you like that sort of thing, you’ll love this. If you don’t, you won’t.
Do you prefer sweet or salty snacks?
I’m not a fan of very sweet things so I’d have to say ‘Salty‘.
I’d rather have a bag of salted peanuts than a bar of chocolate.
Bloggers Nominated by Richie’s Room
There are so many good bloggers around that I’m a little spoilt for choice.
In no particular order, here they are:
- Rebekah Charles – http://www.rebekahcharles.com/
- Lisa’s Notebook – https://www.lisasnotebook.com/
- Alex Faith Writes – https://alexfaithwrites.wordpress.com/
- Vicky | Mortgage Free by the Sea – http://mortgagefreebythesea.com/
- Olivier Loose – https://acircleisround.com/
- Ricatography 101 – https://ricatography101.wordpress.com/
- Katie | The Twenty Percent – https://the-twenty-per-cent.com/
- Faye | Female Original – https://femaleoriginal.com/
- Neecee b – https://neeceeblogs.monster/
- Britt | Shed Happens – https://shedhappens.net/
- Lori | CircleSquareOval – https://circlesquareoval.com/
Questions from Richie’s Room
OK, here are my questions for the above nominees:
- Picking one option only (no sitting on the fence!), would you say that you primarily blogged for fun or for profit?
- Tell us about your most recent pet.
- What is your favourite (non-domestic) animal and why?
- What is your biggest phobia? (assuming it isn’t answering questions!)
- What one thing about you might surprise others if they knew?
- Have you ever broken a bone (your own, not somebody else’s!) – name the bone and describe the circumstances that resulted in it being broken?
- Jack Reacher, the main character in Lee Child’s books, is 6’5″ tall and weighs around 17 stone (238 pounds, 108kg). Who would you choose to play him in movie versions of the books? (Minus points for putting the actual choice, which was Tom Cruise!).
- You are out for a walk when you come across a person being assaulted. Do you:
a) Intervene physically.
b) Intervene verbally.
c) Keep walking and then call the police.
d) Keep walking and pretend it never happened.
e) Something else.
- What is your favourite alcoholic drink?
- If you could go back in time and give your teenage self one piece of advice, what would it be?
- What’s your favourite movie quote?
OK, that’s it.
If you have any comments, let me have them below.
If you’d like to share this post with other bloggers (or anybody else that might be curious) use the sharing buttons below.