How has Richie’s Room come to be nominated for the Golden Bloggerz Award?
Let me explain …
The Blogging Gods, Bill and Steve, were sat atop Blog Mountain.
In front of them were thousands of monitors, each scrolling through the world’s ever-growing number of blogs.
Bill and Steve are able to read many, many blogs simultaneously. Periodically, they come across some that they consider slightly better than ‘Meh’ and that deserve some more readers.
When they identify such blogs they plant a thought in the minds of their human minions. The thought tells the minions that these blogs should receive some recognition to help grow their audience.
This recognition takes the form of an award.
On this occasion, the award is the Golden Bloggerz Award. It was created by Chris Kosto.
No, it’s an award that gives you a virtual pat on the back and says “Do you know what? People actually enjoy reading your posts. Keep doing it!”.
Thank you, Ricatography101
In this particular case, the minion that Bill or Steve chose was Ricatography101.
If you haven’t been to this blog site before you should definitely give it a try. There are some great photographs to accompany the posts.
There are literally millions of blogs available to internet users. And many of them are very good, providing the answers that readers need or entertaining them. Or, better yet, both!
Therefore, to be noticed by Bill and Steve and, more importantly, by my fellow bloggers is a huge honour.
(To be honest, I think Bill and Steve have messed up somewhere because Richie’s Room was also recently nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Looks like both of them picked a minion, rather than just one of them doing it!)
So, a big ‘Thank you‘ to Ricatography101 for nominating Richie’s Room. It is very much appreciated.
Golden Bloggerz Award – The Rules
OK, here are the rules for the Golden Bloggerz Award. Pay attention – you’ll be tested later!
- Place the award logo on your blog.
- Mention the rules.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and include a link to their website.
- Mention the award’s creator and provide a link to his website.
- Tell your audience 3 things about you.
- Nominate 10-20 new bloggers to receive the award.
- Notify the nominees by messaging on social media or commenting on one of their blog posts.
- Write 5 new questions for the nominees.
- Share 2-3 links to your best posts.
You should also, of course, answer the questions raised by the
minion blogger that nominated you for the award.
Three Things About Me
- I hate garlic. Not just a mild dislike – I hate it. The smell alone makes me want to throw-up. And if I do accidentally consume some, let’s just say that it hates me too!
- I used to play a lot of online poker. And I was moderately successful – enough to buy a TV, surround sound system, games console, and jewellery for my wife.
I started playing purely out of curiousity as to whether you could play using probability to your advantage rather than just relying on luck (reading your opponent isn’t really applicable online).
- I used to do Ju-Jitsu – until I broke my leg in a freak accident!
Ricatography101’s Questions and My Answers
Why do you blog?
I like helping people.
I’ve posted on various forums for years and when somebody said to me that they really liked my writing style and that I should write a blog I thought I’d give it a shot.
I haven’t been doing it for very long but I have to say that I really enjoy it.
If you were to interview one famous person, living or dead, to feature in your blog, who would it be?
Given my love of dogs and my belief in positive dog training methods, I think it would have to be Victoria Stilwell.
You’ll probably have seen Victoria on the hugely successful “It’s me or the dog” or “Dogs with extraordinary jobs” TV programmes.
If Cesar Millan is the problem, Victoria Stilwell is the solution!
If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
The ability to prevent humans from being cruel to animals.
Perhaps with the added bonus of returning the cruelty to the individual concerned. So, if somebody uses a shock collar the shock is given to them instead of the dog! Instant karma!
What are the things that you are passionate about?
Taking care of my wife and my dog.
Sure, I have other interests, like Richie’s Room, but you have to get your priorities straight!
What is the title of your favourite book?
“Orphan X” by Gregg Hurwitz.
Bloggers Nominated by Richie’s Room
There are so many good bloggers to choose from.
On this particular occasion, Bill and Steve have pointed me towards the following.
In no particular order, here are my Dirty Dozen:
- A Sustainably Simple Life – http://asustainablysimplelife.com/
- The Doubting Thomas – https://doubtingthomasblogs.wordpress.com/
- Rachel Foy – https://rachelfoy96.wordpress.com/
- That Happy Reader – https://www.thathappyreader.ca/
- The Bunnies Patch – https://thebunniespatch.home.blog/
- Make Time Online – https://maketimeonline.com/
- Matthew Ward Writes – https://matthewwardwrites.com/
- Do You Even Blog – https://doyouevenblog.com/
- Problems And Projects – http://problemsandprojects.com/
- Unwanted Life – https://unwantedlife.me/
- Watto Photos – https://www.wattophotos.co.uk/
- Corona Comedy – https://coronacomedyblog.com/
Questions from Richie’s Room
OK, here are my questions for the above nominees:
- Is your idea of a great holiday one where you lie on the beach enjoying the sun or one where you do things (sight-seeing, walking, activities, etc)?
- Andy Warhol famously said that everybody would have their 15 minutes of fame. Have you had your 15 minutes yet? If so, tell us about it.
- If you could banish one person to spend the rest of their life on an uninhabited distant planet, who would it be and why?
- Would you say that you ‘Lived to work’ or that you ‘Worked to live’? That is, at your current stage in life, are you more interested in career progression or in work/life balance?
- Name somebody that you admire and explain why.
Links to favourite posts in Richie’s Room
I have some kind of weird blogger affinity for all of the posts that I write. Picking favourites feels as though I’m somehow being unfair to the ones not picked!
How strange is that?
Anyway, I’m sure I’ll get over it. Here are my 3 favourite posts:
- Canine arthritis bible. After our dog, Harvey, was diagnosed with arthritis I set about educating myself as fully as possible on the topic. I realised that many other owners would go through the same feeling of ‘How do we survive this?’ so I made a post to share my findings.
- Positive dog training. I’m very much in favour of the positive training approach rather than the out-dated ‘dominance’ approach.
- Puppy biting nightmare. How can those cute little bundles of fluff suddenly become a bear trap on legs? Some reassurance of new puppy owners that it is perfectly normal, you can do something about it, and it won’t last forever.
OK, that’s it.
If you have any comments, let me have them below.
If you’d like to share this post with other bloggers (or anybody else that might be curious) use the sharing buttons below.