Richie’s Room is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your personal data, or if you wish to exercise any of the rights detailed below, and we will gladly assist you.
Cookies and their use
Under the terms of the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”) individuals have the following rights:
- The right to be informed. Individuals have the right to be informed about the collection and use of their personal data. This is a key transparency requirement under the GDPR.
- The right of access. Individuals have the right to access their personal data.
- The right to rectification. The GDPR includes a right for individuals to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete.
- The right to erasure. The GDPR introduces a right for individuals to have personal data erased. The so-called ‘right to be forgotten’.
- The right to restrict processing. Individuals have the right to request the restriction or suppression of their personal data. This is not an absolute right and only applies in certain circumstances.
- The right to data portability. The right to data portability allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services.
- The right to object. The GDPR gives individuals the right to object to the processing of their personal data in certain circumstances. Individuals have an absolute right to stop their data being used for direct marketing.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling. The GDPR has provisions on: a) automated individual decision-making (making a decision solely by automated means without any human involvement); and B) profiling (automated processing of personal data to evaluate certain things about an individual). Profiling can be part of an automated decision-making process.
Further information regarding GDPR and the rights of individuals may be found on the site of the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”) here.
What information we hold about you
The type of data that we collect and process includes:
- Your name.
- Your email address.
- Your IP address.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and to provide you with a better service.
Below you will find a list of the things we may store and use your personal data for:
- Internal record keeping.
- Communication, including the Comments section of blog posts.
- We may use the information you provide to customize our website according to your interests and needs.
- We may collect non-personally identifiable information about you in the course of your interaction with our site. This information may include technical information about the browser or type of device you’re using. This information will be used purely for the purposes of analytics and tracking the number of visitors to our site.
- We will NEVER sell, distribute or lease your personal information with any third party unless we are required to do so by law.
Keeping your data secure
We are committed to ensuring that any information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable measures and procedures to safeguard and secure the information that we collect.
Links to other websites
Richie’s Room may contain links to other websites of similar interest and relevance. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any personal information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
As an Amazon Associate Richie’s Room earns from qualifying purchases. That is, when you click on a link to an Amazon product, a cookie is stored on your computer so that Amazon knows you were referred from this site, and if you go on to make a purchase then a small commission is earned. This will go towards the costs of running the site – thank you.
We use MailerLite to manage our email marketing subscriber list and to send emails to our subscribers. MailerLite is a third-party provider, which may process your data using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our newsletter.
You can unsubscribe from our newsletter by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided at the end of each newsletter.
Acceptance of this policy
Continued use of our site signifies your acceptance of this policy. If you do not accept the policy then please do not use this site.